This Site Will Motivate You To Health & Wellness Through Healthy Eating & Physical Fitness
On the left is professional bodybuilder Ronnie Coleman who holds eight straight wins as Mr. Olympia. On the right is me your host Nehemiah Maxwell
Hello, my name is Nehemiah Maxwell. Welcome to Healthy Eating Habit.com! It's amazing how time goes by so fast. I started spreading the word about health and wellness through this website in 2005. Yet, it seems such a short time ago.
Back then I knew nothing about building a website that could help me share my passion about health and wellness to the world. I am thankful that I "stumbled" upon a website link called SBI. If you have a particular skill, or passion and knowledge, then why not convert it into a website. It may surprise you to know the impact it can have on others and on YOU!
Healthy eating along with exercise will help you look better, feel better and live longer. I am sad to say however that they are so many people who do not have a healthy lifestyle.
Much of the foods people purchase, such as french fries, fried chicken, microwave popcorn, doughnuts, margarine, cookies and pastries contain an artery-clogging fat called Trans fat. This fat can lead to type two diabetes, high cholesterol and other health problems. If you desire to live a long, healthy, vibrant life, you have to take care of your body through proper nutrition and exercise.
Eating Healthy can be enjoyable!
Some people think of eating healthy as being boring and tasteless. I
think that one reason they feel this way is because most of the commercial ads we see, promote foods high in calories, fat, or sugar and only a small percentage of food advertising is done for fruits, vegetables, grains and beans. Thus if there was more nutritional education, more and more people would find eating healthy to be pleasurable and tasty.
The Right Formula
I believe a clear formula for putting together an effective diet plan is moderation, satisfaction, nutrition, and discipline.
Discover foods that work for you, that you enjoy, and that are nutritious.
Practice moderation by reducing the amount of calories, specifically the amount of carbohydrates, (bad)fats and sugars.
Excitement can help you start a diet plan but discipline will help you stick to it.
However, you won't maintain discipline if you are not satisfied with what you regiment yourself to eating.
Here on our site, we intend to educate and motivate you to good health by providing helpful information and share stories that will inspire you and give you the courage to commit to a positive change for the better. Hopefully, you will find information here that is helpful to your personal path to a long and healthy life.
The Bad News That Put Me On The Path To Healthy Eating Habits!
In 1996 I went to the doctor to get a check-up. I was not feeling sick but someone told me that it was a good idea to get a yearly physical examination.
I have been athletic all my life. I run 18 miles a week. I also do 250 push-ups and 449 sit-ups a week. So when I went to the doctor I was not expecting to hear the bad news, he gave me. He told me I had borderline diabetes.
Diabetes can be very dangerous if not treated. It is one of the leading cause of death in the United States. It is a disease of the pancreas that causes the body to stop producing the insulin it needs to regulate blood sugar. That is why people with diabetes have such high blood sugar levels.
My doctor told me that I did not need to be put on medication, however he suggested I start reading some books on healthy eating.
One day, while I was surfing through TV channels, I came across an infomercial emphasizing the benefits of drinking the juice of raw fruits and vegetables.
I was so impressed with the information about juicing, I picked up the phone and placed an order for my first juice machine.
That day was the beginning of my path to healthy eating habits that turned my health situation around.
Healthy Eating Has Helped Me And it Will Also Help You!
Today I can honestly say the system works. I feel great, I sleep great, people tell me that I do not look my age, I maintain a healthy weight, I do not take any type of medication, my blood pressure is normal, my blood sugar is normal, my cholesterol is normal, my immune system is strong, and the list goes on. I have discovered juicing recipes that are nutritious, delicious and satisfying for me, and that is why it has continued to be a part of my lifestyle.
It is extremely a blessing to be in good health and I thank God for it. However I do not believe that I am healthy because of chance. I strongly believe that one main reason that I am healthy is because I take personal responsibility for my health. Healthy eating is a great part of this responsibility. I believe God created our physical bodies with laws that are governed by proper nutrition. If we violate these laws by consistently eating unhealthy foods, we are going to get sick.
The Keys To Healthy Eating Habits and Fitness!
Please follow the links below. They contain articles that either I have written, or that others have written, that could be useful.
These articles will guide you step by step on your healthy eating
and fitness journey.
At the end of your journey you will have the keys to a healthy lifestyle. So enjoy!
- How To Create A Website
- How to create a website incorporating these 5 steps I used to create my own.
- The Benefits of Juicing
- Discover the many health benefits of Juicing for a longer, healthier life.
- Juicing Recipes.
- These juicing recipes are easy to make and jam-packed with nutrients your body needs.
- Is V8 Juice Good For You?
- A lot of people drink v8 juice but is it really as healthy as they think? Find out now!
- juicer reviews from the "master juicer"
- Here are my top juicer reviews from over 15 years of juicing experience.
- Nutritional supplements
- Nutritional supplements can provide one with the nutrients that a person lacks based on the food he or she consumes.
- Healthy Eating Guidelines
- The healthy eating guidelines you will find on this web page go beyond the "does and don't's" of healthy eating.
- Healthy Eating Plan
- Creating a healthy eating plan will give you the blueprint you need for a balanced and nutritious lifestyle.
- A Healthy Heart
- The Pumping Cycle of a Healthy Heart
- Whole Grains are Good for you!
- Whole Grains are very good for you
- Mediterranean Diet Plan
- Mediterranean diet plan can help you loose weight and maintain a healthy eating lifestyle. Find out how
- Is Red Bull Energy Drink bad for you?
- People consume Red Bull Energy Drink, but is it really as healthy as they think? Find out now!
- Reversing Pre-Diabetes or Borderline Diabetes
- Excellent article on what to do if diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes
- Food to Lower Cholesterol
- Trying to find a food to lower cholesterol? Well, there are a lot more than you may think
- High Blood Pressure Symptoms?
- What should you do if you have High Blood Pressure Symptoms?
- Colon Cancer Warning Signs should not be Ignored
- Ignoring colon cancer warning signs can cost you your life. Early detection is always best.
- A Good Exercise Program
- A good exercise program and a healthy diet are like a hand in a glove...the two go well together.
- Free Online Calorie Calculator
- This Free online calorie calculator will estimate your daily calorie requirements for losing, maintaining and gaining weight.
- Self-Discipline - the Key to Losing Weight
- Losing weight and keeping it off requires one main ingredient...Self-Discipline.
- Kidney Transplant Donor
- Here is my personal testimony about being a kidney transplant donor
- Comments page
- Here at HEALTHY-EATING-HABIT.COM we value your comments.
- Healthy Eating Updates
- Healthy Eating keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the heathy-eating-habit.com website. Subscribe here.